Stay Sparkly


As I walked to my car Tuesday evening from my office, there seemed to be a fresh coating of light, fluffy snow in the grassy area between the building and the parking lot.  The sun was setting but still up enough to reflect off the fresh snow.  You know the kind, the sparkly kind.




There is a local jewelry store (that I love I might add) that has been running a campaign playing off the Dos Equis "Stay thirsty my friends" ad advising us all to "Stay sparkly my friends".  I do get a kick out of seeing those billboards around town however, that sparkly snow on Tuesday made me think of another reason to sparkle.

I had lost my sparkle.  I pretended to sparkle, but when I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't sparkle.  So that's when I decided to make the change and do what I could to lose weight and get healthy. I've only lost chased away 38 lbs. however, that's 38 lbs. that has helped me to revive my sparkle.  I don't mind looking in the mirror as much now.  I don't mind shopping for clothes as much anymore  I don't mind parking a little further from the door to get those extra steps in.  The sparkle is coming back!  

Now that my sparkle is returning, I want to help others find their sparkle again (just another reason to do this blog).   Find what has diminished your sparkle, face it and do what you can to chase it away.  Take that first step whatever it may be.  Maybe it is your weight.  Instead of shoving food in your mouth that you shouldn't, do something productive like play a game with your child or call a friend you haven't spoken to in a long time.  Maybe it is a relationship you are in that you are not happy with.  Talk to that person and try to start the healing process.  Maybe it is housework that seems to be overwhelming.  Take 10 minutes and clean up one pile in your house.  Maybe you are lonely beyond comprehension and don't know where to turn.  If you don't want to reach out to a friend or family member, drop to your knees and ask God to show you the way.  

We are all meant to sparkle in our own way.  Just like those snowflakes on the ground.  If you just look at them out your window or as you're shoveling them off of your driveway (like I have to), they look just like a pile of white snow and cold that causes grief and coldness to so many.  Yet, in the right light, at the right time, in the right moment, they sparkle and shine and turn into this beautiful piece of art that God has given us.  They haven't changed.  They are the same snowflakes that we think are menacing and a hassle.  With the right perspective, they shine and become the beautiful scene that God wants us to see.  

We are all beautiful people in our own ways.  Some lives and people are more difficult to see the beauty in then others.  However, God didn't make mistakes.  He put us all here for a reason.  The crosses we bear a lot of times are put in place by our own doing.  Sometimes we think the life we have been dealt isn't fair.  Yet, if we step back and view it from a different perspective, we too can see the beauty that God has given us in our lives.  
It's all about perspective and how we view our lives.

Stay sparkly my friends......




No comments:

Post a Comment