So close......

So close to a milestone weight loss!  I took the opportunity though to have a date night with my HB (for those that don't know, HB = Honey Bunny) and my son to celebrate mine and HB's 10 year anniversary last night.  I could have ordered more sensibly and not had part of a dessert, however, this journey is all about give and take for me.  I don't want to give up the food I enjoy; I just want to be smarter and healthier about it.  So I had a few bites of dessert and half a cheddar bay biscuit.  I'm up .4 lbs from yesterday but I'm ok with that.  I had a nice dinner with two of my favorite boys in the world.  Today I'm back at it and back on track.  I'm still down 2.3 lbs. since last weeks weigh-in on Thursday.  I'm hoping to pass that 40 lb. mark tomorrow but if I don't, maybe the next day.  I don't want to beat myself up and cause myself to get down and make bad food choices.  I am learning to accept what's on the scale, pick myself up each morning and go back at it again.

A lot of people are starting to notice my weight loss.  I'm getting called "skinny" by someone at work which cracks me up.  People who I don't know that well are congratulating me on my weight loss and making comments about looking good.  That is HUGE for me.  I have also realized because it's huge for me, I try to be more positive with people as well.  I tend to be a negative nelly at times but am trying really hard to share this positive feeling with others because I know it works for me.  My hope is that it works for them to and they pass it on or pay it forward.

I also have been asked alot lately about what I'm doing to lose the weight.  For me, sharing my tips and tricks is exciting.  This experience of sharing with others what works for me and having the opportunity to encourage them has sparked interest in doing it professionally.  I did not have a goal weight before, I just wanted to lose weight to the point that I felt good about myself.  However, now my goal is to get to the weight that I need to so I can possibly become a Weight Watchers leader.  I have a ways to go before I get there, however, now I have a goal.  People who are driven say that you must set a goal so you have something to go towards.  So I have a goal weight folks!  I'm making it public now so that I can be held accountable.  Drum roll please........130!  This means that I will have lost 100 lbs when I get to that goal.  I'm almost at 40 lbs. down so you do the math.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment