Mom, I think I lost the peanut butter

How many times have you heard something like this at your house?  I hear something about some item being lost at my house daily, however, this one struck me as quite comical.

Over the years I have realized that I am a clutz who misplaces things.  I have accepted it and moved on.  However, of late, I thought I was getting it together.  Weekly menus were planned and grocery lists made.  Laundry was getting done on time for the most part, homework for both Nathan and I was getting completed and getting completed well.  Things seemed to be going well.  Then it happened......

I went to the grocery store on my way home from work, which happens quite often.  I will admit, I was not thoroughly prepared, nevertheless, we had to have a few things from the store.  My honey bunny had been asking for white bread and peanut butter so he could make old fashioned pb & j sandwiches for his lunch ('tis the season of Lent).  I proceeded to buy what I thought was healthy white bread and further down the aisle I grabbed a jar of peanut butter.  The pride eminated from my face and I was thrilled to be able to provide this simple pleasure for him.  He doesn't ask for much and this was one thing that was pretty easy to give to him.

When I got home, my nugget helped me put the groceries away while I got supper started.  My HB (short for Honey Bunny) arrived home and I was anxious to share with him I had his fixin's for pb&j.  It's the simple things in life sometimes......he seemed happy as well that he could chomp into a piece of heaven soon as well.  He went to get the bread out and made me aware that I had not purchased white bread, strike 1.  I convinced him to maybe use the bread I bought.  He then proceeded to get the peanut butter out of the pantry....can't find it.  I asked the nugget to look for it since he put it away, or so I thought.  After a few minutes he declared, "Mom, I think I lost the peanut butter"!  What? Are you kidding me?  You lose Lego pieces, pens and pencils, homework, even shoes from time to time.  Those are all things I expect.   But you lost the peanut butter?  How does that happen?  I got up and went to the pantry to look for myself because I just have to.  I couldn't find it either.  Our house ate a jar of peanut butter.

It dawned on me that I had left the Onion Powder I bought at the store, at the checkout as well.  My guess is the cashier put the Onion Powder and the peanut butter in the same bag that was left at the checkout.  I do not know this for sure, but I'm going with it.  After all, I'm really not losing it so badly that I think our pantry consumed a jar of peanut butter.

Life gets crazy sometimes.  There are times in your life that are quiet and peaceful and enjoyable.  There are other times when life gets hectic and feels like someone dumped a whole truckload of "stuff" on top of you.  Those are the times when you think you lost the peanut butter.  We had a good laugh and realized that together, we can do what it takes to make a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  It may not be the bread that we want and we may have to use different ingredients to make our sandwich.  At the end of the day, we will still eat the sandwich and enjoy the journey it took to get that sandwich made, as long as we are on the journey together.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back and visit again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment